The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 19, 2024, 12:32:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out all the spoilers from Series 7 in our dedicated spoiler section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

A Tribute To The Third Doctor

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Tribute To The Third Doctor  (Read 479 times)
Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« on: January 03, 2011, 04:46:08 pm »

This guy was MY DOCTOR. I remember I cried my eyes out when I watched Patrick Troughton change into him but Pertwee very quickly won me round. And an absolute gent in real life - did some amazing stuff for fans behind the scenes too.

For the time/budget some brillant/fun stories. Probably the ones I remember with the most affection. The guy had class Cool

I absolutely agree with everything Mandy has said. Jon Pertwee remains the most underrated Doctor. He was everything I wanted in a Time Lord. He had the dignity but yet he mixed in a sense of child-like fun. You could absolutely believe that he was an omniscient entity and yet could portray compassion and caring like no other actor who has held the role.

Off screen, he clearly relished being the Doctor. Not for him the pretensions of an actor who wanted to avoid typecasting. He knew that his fans loved him and he respected the role (very much in the way that David Tennant has done). I had the privilege of meeting him as a 10 year old and he was everything that I could have hoped for. He was as kind and dignified in real life as he was as the Doctor.

These are the reasons that I voted for him as my all time favourite Doctor. I love every incarnation for one reason or another. But Jon Pertwee, he was very very special.

I think this is spot on. Though I have been limited in what I have seen of the Third Doctor (as I mentioned above), what I did see I thought was brilliant. I sat down to watch him totally expecting to really dislike the classics but I thought his Doctor was brilliant and his pairing with Jo Grant was an inspired bit of casting. He has a way of easing the tension of some of the more serious moments with these bizarre comedic moments but instead of seeming out of place, it all totally fit together. I can't wait to get more and see how he changes and evolves throughout his run
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: