The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 19, 2024, 06:47:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in the Classic Episode Battles in The Invasion of Time

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

A Tribute To The Ninth Doctor

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Tribute To The Ninth Doctor  (Read 309 times)
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« on: November 22, 2010, 09:09:30 pm »

Tenure: 2005
Stories: 10
Episodes: 13
Companions: Rose, Adam, Jack

The Doctor's ninth incarnation was perhaps the most gritty, and informal, masking a lonely, guilt-ridden and melancholic personality with a jovial, witty, forthright and almost manic exterior. Similar to the Fourth Doctor, he would often make jokes in the face of danger, but then become grim and serious when on his own. Like the Sixth Doctor, he also tended to be fatalistic at times, to the point of near-panic when he and Rose were cornered in "The Unquiet Dead" and he realised that he was going to die (this despite the knowledge that he would probably just regenerate). Despite being impatient with humans, whom he often referred to as "stupid apes" -- and Mickey receiving particular scorn and being dubbed "Mickey the Idiot" -- the Ninth Doctor was far more tactile with, and reliant upon, his human companions than previous incarnations. He was notably both sentimental and emotional, especially where his closest friend, Rose, was concerned, to the point of allowing her to view her parents' wedding and later, her father's last moments — this being just one example of his occasional lack of caution.

Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 05:53:29 pm »

Nine was my first Doctor and so will always have a special place with me. Until recently I never thought he would be toppled but he is now on an equal par with Matt Smith. I loved the characterisation and the amount of mystery that surrounded him after so long off the air and the backstory of the Time War that they gave him. The way he went from angry to playful in the blink of an eye was brilliant and I would love to see him pop up again
Report Spam   Logged

chrissymarieb
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Rory Williams and Donna Noble

View Profile
Search Apple User Poll Voter
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 06:51:46 pm »

I watched the Doctors in the wrong order: 11, then 10, then 9.  At first I didn't like 9 at all - he was mean!  But after a while he grew on me, his portrayal evolved, and now when I re-watch the first 'nu' season, I really enjoy the 9th Doctor.
Report Spam   Logged

"It's smaller on the outside"
Davros
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Sylvester McCoy (7th)

Tar Lubeck ka'leed Uth Ricta Dal'ek.

View Profile WWW
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 2
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 12:36:09 am »

I went 10, 9, 11. I originally thought 9 was okay, but now that I really think about it, I like his personality the best of the three new Who Doctors. Smith's has the strongest writing, 10's the most emotional, but as a person, 9 has it for me.
Report Spam   Logged

Today, the Kaled race is ended, consumed in a fire of war. But, from its ashes will rise a new race. The supreme creature. The ultimate conqueror of the universe. The Dalek!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: