The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 18, 2024, 05:37:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

A Tribute To The Eleventh Doctor

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Tribute To The Eleventh Doctor  (Read 247 times)
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« on: November 22, 2010, 09:24:53 pm »

Tenure: 2010 -?
Stories: 10
Episodes: 13
Companions: Amy, Rory, River

The eleventh incarnation was highly energetic and very lively, much like his predecessors, with additional liveliness during his post-regenerative period. He was extremely brash and unafraid to show his eccentricities, appearing to act alien. He was also easily agitated when people or objects did not do as he wished them to, and would resort to physical confrontation and somewhat reckless behaviour to achieve his goals. He had, like a number of his other incarnations, fantastic leadership qualities. Much like his ninth and tenth incarnations, he also has a large amount of knowledge of Earth slang and colloquialism as he was aware of Facebook, Twitter and Bebo. He appeared to have remembered a few of his predecessor's catchphrases, such as "Fantastic!", "There's been some cowboys in here", and repetition of the word "What!". He was extremely resourceful and quick thinking, able to spin things to his point of view, and could find positive outlooks in negative situations. He was somewhat more melodramatic in his brilliance, going so far as to prove Fermat's last theorem, faster-than-light travel and why electrons had mass, just to prove he could be trusted. When thinking about a problem, he blocked out all outside distractions, to the point where he told Amy "you're dying, shut up" so he could solely concentrate on working out how to save her. He also remarked about how he saved the world "for about the millionth time".

Much like his second incarnation, this incarnation showed a childlike recklessness, but always had a grander scheme behind his actions. Also similar to his second incarnation, the eleventh had a knack for acting smug, occasionally boasting about his feats, knowledge, and reputation.

Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 10:49:58 pm »

It took moments for Eleven to become my favourite and it was cemented within a few episodes. There is just something about him that just is the Doctor and I think it will take a lot to topple him for me. I was very unsure at first but his place in this history is very much deserved
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
DAK
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Eleven!
Favourite Companion: River!

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 12:41:05 am »

It took moments for Eleven to become my favourite and it was cemented within a few episodes. There is just something about him that just is the Doctor and I think it will take a lot to topple him for me. I was very unsure at first but his place in this history is very much deserved 

Very well said, I totally agree!  I absolutely adore Eleven.  Everything about him is just so *cute*!  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Sandiwich11
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: The Brig

View Profile WWW
Level 5 Third year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 01:32:43 pm »

I think only Icey and I had any confidence that he would do a good job out of all the people we knew when it was first announced that Smith was taking over.  My first 11 banner went up on New Years Day on SpoilerTV, which got me a lot of stick from others saying that I can't wait for 10 to be forgotten Huh?  That wasn't the case at all, as a life long Who fan I've always been excited about how the show is going to change when there is a new face and I wanted to look forward.

Tom had been My Doctor for so long since he was in the role when I first started watching, the current one (apart from Colin) was always my second favourite.  By episode 5.02 I was suspecting that Smith was going to topple Tom off the top spot, but it wasn't until episode 4-5 that I finally admitted that to anyone else.  It was a weird feeling, and one I didn't completely trust for a while; I put it down to the newness of it all. 

But truth is Smith sits on that top spot now, he is marvellous as the Doctor.  His characterisation is spot on; both new and reminiscent of past lives at the same time.  Long live 11!!
Report Spam   Logged

One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
chrissymarieb
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: Rory Williams and Donna Noble

View Profile
Search Apple User Poll Voter
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 06:54:57 pm »

Eleven was my first Doctor and he introduced me to this wonderful world of Doctor Who.  He will always hold a special place in my heart for that.  (Sappy - but true!)
Report Spam   Logged

"It's smaller on the outside"
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 08:32:24 pm »

11 is my Doctor, as well as being my first Doctor - I think he's fab in every way, but the most important thing to me is he makes me smile - every time. What more do I need?!
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 09:02:47 pm »

Oh Eleven, how I love you. You immediately became my favourite and you gett better everytime I watch. Ive loved all the Doctors I have seen, but this one is by far my favourite. Long may he continue in the role
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 06:32:44 pm »

I only started watching Doctor Who in 2010 and I honestly think that if it wasnt for Matt Smith's portrayal of the Doctor then I wouldnt have got hooked so quickly and so definately. I have since watched all of 9, bits of 10 (and randomly 2 stories of Three) and although they are all great Eleven is MY doctor and the best of the lot imo.
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 10
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 02:10:06 pm »

I think I've said this somewhere before but I was NOT HAPPY when we learnt that Matt was going to take over the role as 11. We had been told by Moffat that he wanted an older doctor and right up until the second it was announced we were convinced Sean Pertwee had the role. Undecided

However... having no prior with Matt... I remained open minded throughout the build up to the airing of TEH. I expected it to take a few episodes to get my head round him but being the star he obviously was/is he had me the moment he hauled himself out of the TARDIS. Grin

Series 5 was a sweet ride and I'm hoping he'll not only maintain the momentum for series 6/7 but lead the show into an 8th. He certainly deserves to. Cool

Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 10:43:21 pm »

I think a lot of people felt the same. I remember on that special Confidential episode where he was revealed I was really not feeling it but now I totally love his take on the role.
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 11:49:01 am »

I think a lot of people felt the same. I remember on that special Confidential episode where he was revealed I was really not feeling it but now I totally love his take on the role.

I was the same. When he was revealed I thought everyone had lost their marbles and right up until TEH started I was still unsure, but we were proved wrong and now I couldnt imagine anyone else playing the Eleventh Doctor
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: