The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 20, 2024, 05:27:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in the Classic Episode Battles in The Invasion of Time

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Michael Moorcock Interview

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Michael Moorcock Interview  (Read 39 times)
Sandiwich11
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: The Brig

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Third year Anniversary Windows User
« on: November 24, 2010, 02:55:05 pm »

Doctor Who novel author Michael Moorcock has said that Karen Gillan would have made a good Doctor.

The writer of the recently-published The Coming of the Terraphiles tie-in told The Quietus that Gillan could have played the title role in the last series instead of Matt Smith, who won the part of the Eleventh Doctor.

Regarding the possibility of there ever being a female Doctor, Moorcock said: "I thought they might have one this time. I think Karen Gillan, who plays Amy Pond, would've made a good Doctor Who, so it's a shame she didn't get the job. It could've been the other way around, you know."

Moorock also confirmed that he was a fan of Doctor Who since its beginning, but admitted that he was not keen on William Hartnell because he was too used to seeing him as a "barking sergeant major" in The Army Game.

"I liked Patrick Troughton better, because he was sort of fey and he started to bring that oddness into the character. I didn't like Jon Pertwee, because he was again a bit too posh, and I really liked Tom Baker," he said.

"I sort of knew him; I met him once or twice, usually in a pub, and usually drunk out of his skull on 50 valium and a pint of scotch, and ad-libbing like f**k. And it's wonderful to watch the shows and know that all the other actors are just completely at sea because he hasn't given them their cue line, he's just come up with actually a better line, usually."

Source

Can't really see where he is coming from in thinking Karen could have been the Doctor and vice versa.  He doesn't really say why he thinks that or back it up in any way, just seems a bit odd Huh? 
Report Spam   Logged

One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 07:23:58 pm »

I think he means she is good enough to be the doctor, rather than she was an option to play him. Thats how I read it anyway Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: