The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 19, 2024, 02:01:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in the Classic Episode Battles in The Invasion of Time

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Is it time to get over Ianto?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it time to get over Ianto?  (Read 439 times)
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2010, 01:04:08 pm »

This has all been kicked up again on Twitter today. Moffat said this in a tweet:

Ianto fans only: Russell's character, and I thought his death scene was brilliant. Not reversing it. Stop asking.

To which fans are now calling him evil, horrible etc. I got an angry tweet and an unfollow for daring to mention it and a lot of Ianto fans have managed to twist his comments into 'Moff thinks its brilliant that Ianto was killed'.

Im sorry Ianto fans, but a small number give you all a very bad rep and seriously makes me dislike the character because of all the rubbish that now surrounds him.
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2010, 01:10:27 pm »

Seriously people, he is fictional. Nothing more than a real life version of a cartoon. Yes he was a good character but after nearly two years I think its in the best psychological interests of some if they just accept and move on
Report Spam   Logged

Digallifreya
Telly Addict
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: Ten!
Favourite Companion: Martha

Doctor Who RPer & incurable romantic, animal lover

View Profile WWW
Level 3 Webmaster Second year Anniversary
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2010, 01:54:37 pm »

Long overdue, IMHO. I never got the fanaticism people had towards him, and was more devastated over Tosh and Owen's death, and yet everyone's forgotten them both it seems.

Agreed, I never got into the whole Ianto/Jack but fair enough for those who did, thing is Jack can never truly just settle down with one person forever & ever, it was bound to end one day & his dead suited the CoE story somehow, Jack could only leave if he had lost it all...

Time to get over Ianto I think...
Report Spam   Logged
mel42
RP Moderator
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Ten, Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond, Sarah Jane Smith (favorite Whoniverse characters) and supporter of Gwen Cooper

View Profile
Level 5 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2010, 01:24:10 am »

At the slightest mention of Ianto from the people involved in making the new show, some fans start saying the same things about how Gwen should have died instead of Ianto, which really puts me off.  I wish the Save Ianto brigade wouldn't go so negative in reference to the remaining characters and the people who put on the show. Most of the time I try to avoid reading the negative statements, but when there's some big news they seem to come up again.
Report Spam   Logged

"Have you never seen something so mad, so ... extraordinary, that, just for one second, you think that there might be more out there?"

(Gwen Cooper, Torchwood)
2cajuman2
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Christopher Ecclestone
Favourite Companion: Cpt Jack Harkness

Famous person? Favourite Cheese please?

View Profile WWW
Poll Voter Level 4 Webmaster
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2010, 01:12:34 pm »

To be fair Gwen should have died about 10times but RTD loves her too much to kill her off, I mean, she is the connection we have as viewers.... or something. That was relevant for the first couple of episodes but he still wont kill her off, she is more likely to retire injured with kids and Rhys.

Sorry, but Gwen gets on my nerves, as I have said before I think it was the right time for Ianto to die but Gwen should have died by now. Too many near misses and then the others dont seem to get near misses.
Report Spam   Logged

River Song: Everyone knows that everyone dies. And nobody knows it like the doctor. But I do think that all the skies in all the worlds might just turn dark, if he ever accepts it.

??Cheeses + rising!
mel42
RP Moderator
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Ten, Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond, Sarah Jane Smith (favorite Whoniverse characters) and supporter of Gwen Cooper

View Profile
Level 5 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2010, 04:25:02 pm »

There's many characters who could have died on Torchwood or Doctor Who already but Gwen gets most of the blame because of her supposed connection with Jack. I don't think Gwen and Jack should be a couple, but they still work together and care about what happens to each other.

There's others like Rhys on Torchwood or Rory on Doctor Who that came close to death several times but were saved. River Song, Amy Pond, Martha Jones are continually put in danger, and it seems that Gwen is in that position of the companion who goes along with the main character.  Torchwood does tend to shift focus a lot, causing fans to disagree about what should stay in or go out about the show.
Report Spam   Logged

"Have you never seen something so mad, so ... extraordinary, that, just for one second, you think that there might be more out there?"

(Gwen Cooper, Torchwood)
Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2010, 06:44:27 pm »

Yes. Without a doubt. His time has long passed and I wish his cult would acknowledge that
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: