The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 20, 2024, 06:30:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in the Classic Episode Battles in The Invasion of Time

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Doctor Who's Cybermen invade London

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doctor Who's Cybermen invade London  (Read 43 times)
Sandiwich11
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: The Brig

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Third year Anniversary Windows User
« on: November 25, 2010, 03:02:13 pm »

London workers got a bit of a shock on their way into the office this morning.

A group of intimidating Cybermen from cult show Doctor Who invaded the city, marching through St Paul's and the London Undergound.

The stunt was to celebrate the launch of the Doctor Who Experience - a fully interactive themed adventure and exhibition opening in the capital in February.

The cyborgs recreated a very familiar scene from the famous 1968 episode The Invasion, posing on the steps in front of St Paul's Cathedral.

The Cybermen are recurring characters in the long-running series as foes of The Doctor in their conquest attempts to preserve their race.

While some adult commuters on the Tube this morning kept their distance from the cold, calculating cyborgs, the younger generation appeared blissfully unaware of their ominous reputation.

Six-year-old George David Craig seemed fascinated by the group of Cybermen, running to catch up with them as they boarded a Jubilee line train.

Visitors to the Experience will be invited to step inside the Tardis to become The Doctor's companion in fighting his other enemy, the Daleks.

The Doctor Who Experience, which will open at London's Olympia Two on February 20, 2011, will include special effects and newly-filmed scenes with current Doctor Matt Smith recreating the Time Lord's adventures.

It includes an exhibition charting the history of the programme from its first series in 1963 to the latest episodes. Original costumes, a Tom Baker-era Tardis and Cybermen, Silurians and a Zygon will also be on display.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1332613/Doctor-Whos-Cybermen-invade-London-promote-Doctor-Who-Experience.html#ixzz16J4RuN6K

There's more great pictures in the link, wish I'd been there to see it, how awesome Grin
Report Spam   Logged

One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 10
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 05:58:24 pm »

Haha...that must have been quite a sight Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 11:44:35 pm »

It would have been fantastic to have been there.

One thing amuses me in those pictures - the only building not to have changed since 1968 is the oldest one.
Report Spam   Logged

Sandiwich11
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: The Brig

View Profile WWW
Level 5 Third year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 11:49:57 pm »

One thing amuses me in those pictures - the only building not to have changed since 1968 is the oldest one.

haha, so true.  Even the steps look like they have changed Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: