The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 11:08:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Celebrate 50 years of Doctor Who with us in our Top Ten Of Everything section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

McCoy keen on return for anniversary

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: McCoy keen on return for anniversary  (Read 262 times)
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« on: December 02, 2010, 10:29:03 pm »

This is from the BBC website.

Quote:

Actor Sylvester McCoy has said he would be keen to return to Doctor Who for its 50th anniversary.

McCoy, who played the seventh Doctor from 1987 to 1989, said fans wanted a multi-Doctor story to mark the programme's golden jubilee in 2013.

He also suggested that earlier Doctors - played by actors who have since died - could be brought back using computer technology.

"They've got such imaginations, they could do anything," he said.

"Would I do it? Yes, I'd be delighted to," said the actor when asked if he would consider reprising his most famous role.

"I am a part of it, it hasn't ever gone away and I celebrate the 21st Century Doctors," he continued - a reference to his successors Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant and Matt Smith.

Time Lord technology

The first Doctor Who show to feature more than one actor playing the titular Time Lord was The Three Doctors in 1972.

That saw William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton and Jon Pertwee - the first three actors to play the Doctor on television - appearing on screen together.

"I know that the producers balk at it. All those egos in the same room would be very difficult to deal with," McCoy continued.

"But the fans are hoping that for the 50th anniversary, which is coming up, they might do something like that.

The first multi-Doctor story was 1972's The Three Doctors
"It would be fascinating with all the technology if they could bring back Jon Pertwee and William Hartnell.

"That would be amazing - and I bet they could do it if they wanted to."

The 67-year-old Scot also joked that technology could be used to "make us thin again".

McCoy is currently appearing in London in the first stage adaptation of Evelyn Waugh's comic novel Decline and Fall.

He has also been cast as a wizard in the Hobbit films, expected to begin shooting in New Zealand in 2011.

Source
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 10
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 02:27:21 pm »

Good for him - he's always such a great sport.  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 12:28:05 am »

He has always said he would do it and good on him for not being uppety about it. Its a shame though that a multi Doctor story doesnt seem to be in the pipeworks (going on that Peirs Wenger interview)
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
Saber
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Liz Shaw

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 02:22:49 am »

I would love to see him come back, even if only for a cameo. Old Sylv was one of my favourites and he needs a better last outing the the movie
Report Spam   Logged
missadric2
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Peter Davison
Favourite Companion: Adric/ Amy Pond

Imagination is the key to Everything

View Profile
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 3
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 11:08:21 am »

YEY!!!! Its always good to hear old Doctors wanting to come back for a special makes me Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

'An apple a day keeps the.....oh never mind!' - fifth Doctor

The 5th Doctor will always have a special place in my heart and will always be MY Doctor

Davros
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Sylvester McCoy (7th)

Tar Lubeck ka'leed Uth Ricta Dal'ek.

View Profile WWW
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 2
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 03:39:21 am »

Oh I love hearing about returning Doctors. I wish McCoy would do it. All fans expect a multi-Doctor story to such a degree that if the BBC doesn't do it, they're gonna feel guilty! Though I heard that McCoy didn't want to return as the Doctor, but as another character.
Report Spam   Logged

Today, the Kaled race is ended, consumed in a fire of war. But, from its ashes will rise a new race. The supreme creature. The ultimate conqueror of the universe. The Dalek!
Saber
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Liz Shaw

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 09:52:30 pm »

I don't think the BBC would feel guilty. Generally they don't seem to care much about anything, especially not whether the fans get what they want. Saying that though, the 'BBC' will have very little say in what we get either way. It's up to the Moff and he usually makes it a point to not listen to the fans. In fact, just so he could say he doesn't, I wouldn't be surprised if he went totally the opposite way.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: