The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 11:00:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Celebrate 50 years of Doctor Who with us in our Top Ten Of Everything section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Untouched Classic Monsters

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Untouched Classic Monsters  (Read 947 times)
TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« on: December 04, 2010, 11:40:28 pm »

Which monsters/villains/aliens from the classic series do you think could make the transfer into the new series without the aid of an overhaul in the redesign? The Daleks were very similar until Moff got his hands on them but the Cybermen and Silurians for example were changed considerably.

For me, I think the Yeti and the Draconians would look brilliant in the new series without the need for a big change but what about you lot? Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 12:48:26 am »

Ive only ever seen 2 classic stories (my gran got me them by accident and I didnt have the heart to tell her Jon Pertwee wasnt the Doctor anymore Tongue) but the Draconians were in one of them and I thought they were pretty cool looking so I dont think they would need to be changed
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 12:57:11 am »

I think the Ice Warriors would work perfectly well with the classic design, as the Sontarans did.  And Sutekh would still look great as he was (assuming he survived the Doctor's trap).

Of course, some aliens would need no change at all to their appearance - for instance, the Visians, the Refusians, the Spiridons etc  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 01:06:07 pm »

Ive only ever seen 2 classic stories (my gran got me them by accident and I didnt have the heart to tell her Jon Pertwee wasnt the Doctor anymore Tongue)

Haha that made me lol Tongue

I think that the Draconians would work really well, as would Nyki's suggestion of Sutekh. I think there are quite a few that could work well but everyone seems to want to put their own stamp on things these days so I dont suppose much would make it on screen without tweaks now.
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Dame Roger
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Second
Favourite Companion: Ace

View Profile
Search Windows User Poll Voter
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 04:31:01 pm »

They should bring back the Myrka, exactly as it was in Warriors of the Deep. Let's face it, if you wouldn't be excited at the prospect of seeing Matt Smith take on a reptilian pantomime horse there's probably no hope for you.
Report Spam   Logged

"I'm reversing the jelly baby of the neutron flow."
Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 11:09:55 pm »

I don't mind if they change them slightly, but I want to see the Ice Warriors and the Yeti make a return. Ive heard whispers of the Yeti returning this year so I am keeping my fingers crossed
Report Spam   Logged
Hyacathusarillistad
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Third or Eleventh
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant or Amy Pond

Extant Time Lord

View Profile
Level 4 Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 07:18:45 pm »

I'd love to see Aggedor make a return, if only to hear the Doctor sing his Venusian lullaby again. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Torchwood Five

Episode I - The Brainstem Murders
Episode II - Vanishing Act
Episode III - Side Effects
Episode IV - The Villieneuve Incident
Episode V - Ritardando
Episode VI - Body Count
Dream Lord
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: 5th Doctor
Favourite Companion: Nyssa

View Profile
Multiple Badge Holder Level 2 Level 1
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 07:35:28 am »

I, as well, think The Ice Warriors would be great to see.  I  also think Fenric could be a good one to use. THE CURSE OF FENRIC is still one of my favorite stories.  Also, what about The King Vampire from STATE OF DECAY?
Report Spam   Logged

"You know how it is; you put things off for a day and next thing you know, it's a hundred years later." - Fifth Doctor (Arc of Infinity)
Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 09:12:51 am »

I, as well, think The Ice Warriors would be great to see.  I  also think Fenric could be a good one to use. THE CURSE OF FENRIC is still one of my favorite stories.  Also, what about The King Vampire from STATE OF DECAY?

Ooooh, i'm liking the Vampire idea a lot Dream Lord. For some unknown reason State of Decay always gets stick from fandom but I really enjoyed it. Same with Fenric - perhaps a story tying the two together?
Report Spam   Logged

Dream Lord
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: 5th Doctor
Favourite Companion: Nyssa

View Profile
Multiple Badge Holder Level 2 Level 1
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 03:57:11 pm »

Ooooh, i'm liking the Vampire idea a lot Dream Lord. For some unknown reason State of Decay always gets stick from fandom but I really enjoyed it. Same with Fenric - perhaps a story tying the two together?

That is actually a good idea, Vampyros.  I think the two could go hand-in-hand in a horror/thriller type of story.  BTW, I love State of Decay.  It is one of my favorites.
Report Spam   Logged

"You know how it is; you put things off for a day and next thing you know, it's a hundred years later." - Fifth Doctor (Arc of Infinity)
Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 01:55:14 am »

My main gripe against State of Decay is that it has an incredibly weak resolution.  I mean, you drop a rocket from space, it goes straight through a vampire's heart and doesn't even hurt people a few yards away?  C'mon now.  Till then, a decent story, though not one of my favourites.
Report Spam   Logged

davecabs
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: Tom Baker
Favourite Companion: Sarah-Jane Smith

View Profile
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 2
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 09:57:03 pm »

I would love to see a return of the Zygons and I think they could look great for the new series.  I think the end of the first episode of Terror of the Zygons was brilliant. With Sarah in the hospital on the phone suddenly getting attacked by a Zygon, this was one of the best moments in Classic Who!
Report Spam   Logged
thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Fifth
Favourite Companion: Peri

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 10:02:59 pm »

Sea Devils.

Get it done. Not the crappy looking ones from Warriors of the Deep though.
Report Spam   Logged

Slfriend79
Earthling
Favourite Doctor: The 4th
Favourite Companion: Sarah Jane Smith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 04:17:18 pm »

I would love to see a return of the Zygons and I think they could look great for the new series.  I think the end of the first episode of Terror of the Zygons was brilliant. With Sarah in the hospital on the phone suddenly getting attacked by a Zygon, this was one of the best moments in Classic Who!

I agree, having the Zygons come back would be great. Afro
Report Spam   Logged

"It may be irrational of me, but human beings are quite my favorite species."- Tom Baker As 'Doctor Who'
Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2011, 11:13:56 pm »

The Zygons and Draconians would both fit right in to nuwho I think with minimal need for change or redesign. Ice Warriors and Yeti, with just a few tweaks, would also be awesome
Report Spam   Logged
Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 11:55:35 pm »

If I had to have a returning monster, I think I would love to see how the Ice Warriors played out under Moffat. The idea of Martians is surely worth another look at in Nu-Who
Report Spam   Logged

Davros
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Sylvester McCoy (7th)

Tar Lubeck ka'leed Uth Ricta Dal'ek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 03:42:38 am »

Yup. Sutekh, Omega, Draconians, Zygons!

Really Omega could work any way. He got that major redesign for Arc of Infinity, but we can pretty much agree that he wears crazily designed suits/robes. It could probably be mini-coopered nicely, but with a removable helmet so he can actually walk around and be taken more seriously.
Report Spam   Logged

Today, the Kaled race is ended, consumed in a fire of war. But, from its ashes will rise a new race. The supreme creature. The ultimate conqueror of the universe. The Dalek!
Saber
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Liz Shaw

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2012, 09:48:50 pm »

Draconians and Zygons don't need any sort of overhaul in my opinion. Sutekh I would love to see return but I think could do with an update. Yeti could probably work well as well with very little change to the design.
Report Spam   Logged
Twisted-Sister
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Poll Voter
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 03:55:19 pm »

I don't mind any of them being tweaked and updates as long as they aren't completely redesigned. Silurians, for example, needed updating but now look nothing like how they did before. Zygons and Draconians have both been mentioned a lot and I think they are both some of the few that are totally fine as they are. The Yeti are rumoured for a return and I think they look mostly fine as they are, too. Ice Warriors I think would need a huge overhaul. I love them but I was never keen on their appearance.
Report Spam   Logged

Sparky
Earthling
Favourite Doctor: Nine
Favourite Companion: Rose

View Profile
100 Posts 50 Posts Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2013, 01:24:51 am »

Yup. Sutekh, Omega, Draconians, Zygons!

This, plus the Ice Warriors. I think they will come back pretty much unchanged. We will just have to wait a bit longer for the ones above.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: