The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 06:44:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Celebrate 50 years of Doctor Who with us in our Top Ten Of Everything section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Next Companion

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Next Companion  (Read 2188 times)
MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 10
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2011, 04:23:10 pm »

I'd love to see them bring sally sparrow back as the companion, but have a feeling by the xmas special rory and amy will be gone and a younger river will be travelling with the doctor

Really? Shocked

I too believe Amy and Rory will be gone by the end of series 7 but as to a young River? Hmmm... Undecided I think the Doctor is going to meet up with someone new. Smiley

Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
missadric2
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Peter Davison
Favourite Companion: Adric/ Amy Pond

Imagination is the key to Everything

View Profile
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 3
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2011, 08:52:04 pm »

Yeah he is going to meet someone new..............ME!!!! Haha nah on a serious note I think it would be good to have a young River Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

'An apple a day keeps the.....oh never mind!' - fifth Doctor

The 5th Doctor will always have a special place in my heart and will always be MY Doctor

Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2011, 09:35:50 pm »

I said this before but I would have liked to have seen just Rory and the Doctor in the Tardis as a sort of a 'buddy' feeling to it. I don't like 2 companions in the new format of the show as I think it makes things just too 'busy'. I would like to see a different back story to the new companion (and I do think it will be a completely new one when Amy and Rory hang up their Tardis keys) something like a future girl or something a little like the Classic Who companions (say someone with a badge for mathematical excellence...)
Report Spam   Logged

missadric2
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2011, 10:01:24 pm »

Oh now I wonder who that could be haha Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

The 5th Doctor will always have a special place in my heart and will always be MY Doctor

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2011, 10:45:52 pm »

VA is ever loyal and hopeful to his cause Wink

I'd like somebody very NEW as in never heard of/seen before...BUT I suspect things are out of my control Angry
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2011, 11:27:34 pm »

Can't blame a chap for trying Smiley I would love to see a totally new and different companion. We've done the 'Rose-a-likes' to death - lets have someone a bit interesting!
Report Spam   Logged

missadric2
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2011, 12:19:59 pm »

I'd do the same mate Adric was a legend!!!! And yeah someone completely new nothing like Rose someone who is nothing like her it would be cool to have an alien as a companion someone who knows some of the spacey stuff rather than the companion constantly saying 'what?!?!'
Report Spam   Logged

Hartnell chronowire
Easily Exterminated
Favourite Doctor: Matt smith/Tom Baker
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond

View Profile
Poll Voter Level 3 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2011, 03:47:54 pm »

i have the feeling that auton rory's relationship with the Doctor will be like that of Ian Chestertons with the first Doctor  and i like vampyros adric's idea the doctor and rory toghter would be good to see
Report Spam   Logged

have you ever wondered what its like to wander in the fourth dimension
Jamdog
Earthling
Favourite Doctor: Richard E Grant
Favourite Companion: Astrid Peth

View Profile
Level 4 Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2011, 01:57:58 am »

I know that James Corden returns as Craig Owens in series 6, but it would be nice if he travelled with the Doctor for a while - maybe even bringing his girlfriend Sophie with them...
Report Spam   Logged

missadric2
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2011, 08:54:29 am »

Yeah but then its the whole amy and rory thing again and all I can say is 'seen it bored!!!!' I still think they need someone BRAND new and probably alien Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2011, 11:04:56 am »

I agree. I think the dynamics of a couple in the TARDIS will have been pretty much covered by the time Amy and Rory leave.

Having said that I'm not adverse to one of them picking up the mantle. I think a lot will depend on how their storyline develops though. Perhaps Sophie will be taken by someone/something and Craig joins the Doctor to go in search of her? Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Hartnell chronowire
Easily Exterminated
Favourite Doctor: Matt smith/Tom Baker
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond

View Profile
Poll Voter Level 3 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2011, 08:12:33 pm »

midshipman alsono frame.......
Report Spam   Logged

have you ever wondered what its like to wander in the fourth dimension
missadric2
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2011, 11:11:44 am »

Yes bring Russell Tovey back!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Jamdog
Earthling

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2011, 12:20:56 pm »

I wouldn't mind seeing Lady Christina De Souza back again either.  I thought she was great in Planet of the Dead.  Enigmatic and naughty, much like the doctor, and rather than clashing, their similar personalities worked well together.
She wanted to join the Doctor, but he stated that he was too hurt at losing previous companions, and didn't want to lose another.  He seemed to get over this with his latest regeneration, so maybe she could come back.
Report Spam   Logged

thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Fifth
Favourite Companion: Peri

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2011, 06:00:43 pm »

I wouldn't mind seeing Lady Christina De Souza back again either.  I thought she was great in Planet of the Dead.  Enigmatic and naughty, much like the doctor, and rather than clashing, their similar personalities worked well together.
She wanted to join the Doctor, but he stated that he was too hurt at losing previous companions, and didn't want to lose another.  He seemed to get over this with his latest regeneration, so maybe she could come back.

I really like this suggestion, fully agree.

My two criteria for the next companion(s) is simple;
1. No romantic guff with The Doctor
2. The arc does not have to be all about the companion(s) every year.
Report Spam   Logged

Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2012, 01:02:20 pm »

My two criteria for the next companion(s) is simple;
1. No romantic guff with The Doctor
2. The arc does not have to be all about the companion(s) every year.

Definately. Also, as I was just saying in a similar thread in the spoiler section, I think it's important to break the mould of having contemporary English females. Give us someone from space or from history or a male or from another country. Anything to mix it up a bit.
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2012, 03:27:32 pm »

I think a "must" for me is that it must be only 1 companion. Any more than one (IMHO) ends up over-complicating the story and stops the show working well. I want a single, interesting companion and the rest I leave to Moff
Report Spam   Logged

Blazin Goliath
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: 12
Favourite Companion: Rory Williams

"Where I stand is where I fall.”

View Profile
Level 6 Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2012, 11:25:59 pm »

I like the idea of Craig as a companion, searching for Sophie. He was rather smart- plus he's been in the Doctor's head, so he might understand things a bit more than other companions.
Report Spam   Logged

"Wonderful chap, all of them"
Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2012, 09:43:14 pm »

I think now we have official confirmation that JLC is the official new companion, this thread becomes even more significant given the total lack of information we have about her. I think it is still appropriate to have the discussion in this thread because it has been plastered all over various news sites I think it would be a little odd to pretend that the name of the actress is a spoiler.

Indeed, at present we don't have a name and I wonder if this is significant - perhaps she will have an alien name or a future name? She is going to debut in the Xmas special (which adds a little more spice to the normally frivolous but enjoyable specials). I wonder what they will do with JLC...
Report Spam   Logged

Jamdog
Earthling

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2012, 05:23:43 pm »

I'm also am intrigued as to what they will do with JLC (although I wish I could stop thinking 'Justin Lee Collins' every time I see her initials).

I'm hoping for an alien companion.  We haven't had one for a while - far too many human companions.  I think it would be good if JLC had to sit in the makeup chair to get prosthetics attached before work every day, but I don't think it should be too prosthetic-heavy, or she will want to quit too soon.  Something so she still looks humanoid, but definitely alien.  Maybe one of the following would work:
Catkind (like The Sisters of Plenitude or Thomas Kincade Brannigan) - haven't seen them for a while, and they could be fast and agile...
Silurian - I think a feisty female Silurian, like Vastra, would make a good companion.
Draconian - About time they came back...  They've been mentioned in conversation in The Satan Pit and SJA: Secrets of the Stars, but the are generally opposing the Doctor, so a Draconian companion would be interesting.
Thal - (unlikely as JLC has dark hair) The Dalek's 2nd greatest enemy would make an interesting alliance if the Daleks return next season...

Unfortunately, one of the things about the Doctor's companions is that they don't freak out the locals when they land on Earth.  Nyssa was from the planet Traken, and Adric was Alzarian, from a different universe, but both looked Human.  Thal is human enough, but the others possibly wouldn't be able to walk about helping the Doctor...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: