The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 02:54:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The "We Love Rory" Thread

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "We Love Rory" Thread  (Read 811 times)
Seren_y_Gogledd
Easily Exterminated

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 3 Second year Anniversary Topic Starter
« on: September 01, 2010, 04:03:51 pm »

C'mon, you know he deserves one, and not just because Arthur Darvill is so goshdarned attractive. Who wants to start the ball rolling?
Report Spam   Logged

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron, Final Fantasy X
BlueRose

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 04:17:32 pm »

I don't even like S5 and I like Rory. Nuff said.  Cool
Report Spam   Logged
hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies
Favourite Doctor: 11 & 5
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond & Nyssa

"Fish fingers and custard..."

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary 10000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 04:24:33 pm »

Yes agreed Rory needs some love... he's cute and funny in my opinion! =)
Report Spam   Logged

"All of time and space; everything that ever happened or ever will…Where do you want to start?"
DAK
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Eleven!
Favourite Companion: River!

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 05:56:10 pm »

I don't find him at all attractive, but I do like the character.  He's come a long way from the sort-of boyfriend to the Lone Centurion. 
Report Spam   Logged
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 06:53:01 pm »

I have to admit, Rory did my nut in at first, but from around Amy's Choice onwards I really liked him. His role in the finale was brilliant and brilliantly played and I gained a new respect for the character. Im glad he will be back next year
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

sleekituk
Tin Dog

View Profile WWW
Windows User Poll Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 12:06:53 am »

I think Arthur is an excellent actor and brings out the best in Matt, they shine together!  A lovely bloke, although he seems loosely based on the lad from the video shop in blink.   I question why he waited all those years for Amy though, she treats him badly, I think perhaps the writer has some issues with women?!?!? My opinion only of course?....Blue Rose the floor is yours!
Report Spam   Logged

The Doctor: Do you know like we were saying, about the earth revolving? It's like when you're a kid, the first time they tell you that the world is turning and you just can't quite believe it 'cause everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it.
Seren_y_Gogledd
Easily Exterminated

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 12:14:53 am »

I don't like the way Amy treats him at times either. If their roles were reversed, with him treating her like that (hitting on someone else in front of her, calling her an idiot etc) there would have been a lot more complaints, I think. Though he does call her Chubs in "Amy's Choice", and Upper Leadworth was mostly his dream... Maybe he wants to answer back occasionally? It'll be interesting to see how he is next year, especially if he remembers his centurion days - I hope he's gained sone confidence.
Report Spam   Logged

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron, Final Fantasy X
sleekituk
Tin Dog

View Profile WWW
Windows User Poll Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 12:25:25 am »

the chubbs thing I can let go as an affectionate comment ---- jumping on the Doctor the night before your wedding and asking for a kiss on your wedding day? Not so much!

Amy griping aside - I LOVE Rory!
Report Spam   Logged

The Doctor: Do you know like we were saying, about the earth revolving? It's like when you're a kid, the first time they tell you that the world is turning and you just can't quite believe it 'cause everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it.
chrissymarieb
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: Rory Williams and Donna Noble

View Profile
Search Apple User Poll Voter
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 12:44:49 am »

Rory's great.  He's hilarious and has a really good rapport with the Doctor.  Their scenes together are great.
Report Spam   Logged

"It's smaller on the outside"
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 11:57:25 am »

They have to leave Rory with his memories. The scope there is massive and the character development they could get out of it is enormous. I have high hopes for Rory's future now that he could possibly have the memories of a 2000 year old. Perhaps even a bit of a knowlede-off with the Doctor could happen. I think that would be funny Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Seren_y_Gogledd
Easily Exterminated

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 12:47:13 pm »

It'll be like the "It's another dimension" bit from Vampires of Venice, only more so. I love moments where a companion surprises the Doctor like that.
Report Spam   Logged

ciaramil
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: Ten
Favourite Companion: Rose Tyler

View Profile WWW
Poll Voter Level 3 Webmaster
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 05:12:06 pm »

You can't help but like Rory.. Well, in my opinion anyway. He's awesome. So kind and compassionate. I really hope he sticks around for a while and that Amy actually comes round to see how mean she's been to Rory... I mean, if she doesn't see the light soon, I might have to take him for myself =D
Report Spam   Logged

"Even if I change it still feels like dying. Everything I am dies. Some new man goes sauntering away... And I'm dead." ~ Tenth Doctor (End of Time)
Digallifreya
Telly Addict
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: Ten!
Favourite Companion: Martha

Doctor Who RPer & incurable romantic, animal lover

View Profile WWW
Level 3 Webmaster Second year Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 06:00:31 pm »

I don't even like S5 and I like Rory. Nuff said.  Cool
AGREED! I am NOT a fan of anything in series 5, I hate River Song with a vengeance, I can't stand 11th, Amy infuriates me, Moffat isn't my favourite writer, in fact I quite dislike him, I hated the stories, what they did to the Angels & Daleks, the opening credits, the theme music... I could go on and on but....

I absolutely ADORE Rory & want to marry him! Tongue He is the sweetest most devoted bloke ever & deserves to be treated better by Amy... I could gladly see all the other chars perish but I'm keeping Rory-baby! :-*

Report Spam   Logged
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, 05:03:51 pm »

I'm going to add my love for Rory as well. I was gutted when I thought they'd killed him off - when he appeared again in TPO I had a massive smile on my face. And I'm thrilled that he is going to be back for more.

Fave Rory scenes:

The 'sword/broom' fight in VoV
Jumping in front of the shot from the Silurian in CB
When he appears as a security guard in TBB
When he vows to stand guard over The Pandorica also in TBB

I'm sure there's more. Anyone else?
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Seren_y_Gogledd
Easily Exterminated

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 05:10:34 pm »

Facing off against the stone Dalek is certainly one of my favourites (I'm not going to mention the uniform. Damn, just did.)

The bit in Cold Blood, while heroic, is still painful to watch even after The Big Bang. This week's DWA has a couple of pages on that scene :-(

Has anyone read The Glamour Chase? Lots for Rory to do in that, he gets his chance to be clever.
Report Spam   Logged

Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 07:59:40 pm »

Rory is amazing!! I love him. Such a great character, and an amazing contrast to Amy (less said about her the better). Ive heard she might be killed off next series, but Rory has to stick around. I'll be heartbroken if his gorgeous face leaves the Tardis Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord

Rory FTW

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 08:04:01 pm »

Also Mr Moffman, if you could see to it that he remains dressed like this for the duration of his time on the show, I would be very much obliged Smiley

Report Spam   Logged

Seren_y_Gogledd
Easily Exterminated

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 08:09:56 pm »

I'm on the mobile site so no images, which outfit do you mean? I'm quite a fan of the security guard outfit :-)
Report Spam   Logged

Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord

Rory FTW

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 08:17:08 pm »

Full Roman Centurion garb. Mmmmm Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Seren_y_Gogledd
Easily Exterminated

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 08:41:16 pm »

That... would make most of the Doctor's outfits look sane. Though if they were to visit ancient Rome, it would be plot-relevant and would give Rory the chance to shine as he uses his memories of being a Centurion. If he still has them, anyway - I really hope he does.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: