The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 18, 2024, 08:46:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Head over to 76 Totters Lane and check out all the latest merchandise

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Torchwood Newbie

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Torchwood Newbie  (Read 1066 times)
chrissymarieb
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Rory Williams and Donna Noble

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Apple User Poll Voter
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 12:23:18 pm »

FINALLY managed to finish season 2 last night.  What a ride that was.  As mentioned in an earlier post, right out of the gate season 2 was better than season 1 but it definitely got better as it went along.  I would say that from Gwen's wedding on was just amazing.

From out of the Rain was great because although they gave it their all, they weren't able to save everyone.  I like that because that is how life is: sometimes we can't save everybody and the show wasn't afraid to go there.  Adrift was so touching, haunting, sad and I loved it.  Such an amazing episode.  And Fragments was a lot of fun because we got to find out where everyone came from.  It was nice to see how they all used to live and I was particularly surprised by Owen and Tosh's back stories.  They were not what I expected them to be but particularly in Owen's case it made a lot of sense as to why he carried on the way he did. 

Then the finale: Exit Wounds.  I honestly don't know if I can type about it without starting to cry again.  What an amazing, emotional episode!  I love how John started out playing the villain but once it was revealed what his part was in the devastation that his demeanor changed.  Great acting by Mr. Marsters.  And to think that it was all Grey behind it make it that much more devastating for Jack.  The pain and sorrow that Barrowman was able to convey just made me so so sad.  But as he says at the end, 'we will carry on'.

Really, really good moving stuff.  And now I will carry on to COE, and I will be sure to have tissues with me this time.
Report Spam   Logged

"It's smaller on the outside"
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: