The Doctor In The TARDIS
February 19, 2018, 04:14:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out all the spoilers from Series 7 in our dedicated spoiler section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Torchwood Newbie

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Torchwood Newbie  (Read 470 times)
Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2011, 11:50:27 am »

So last night I finally watched Day 5.  There were parts of it that were so unsettling that it was difficult to watch.  I think part of why it hit home for me is because I came to the realization that governments could actually do what they showed in this series.  We all trust them, but at any time they could be totally lying to us.  I also am now seriously considering home schooling my daughter Smiley

Such a powerful episode.  My heart went out to Frobisher and his family.  He was never truly a bad guy, and he just lost all hope.  What a tragedy.  And Jack's grandson!  The acting that John Barrowman did during that whole sequence was amazing.  You could see in his face how tore up he was over the decision he had to make.  How incredibly awful.  And his poor daughter having to stand there and watch it happen to her son.  So powerful and sad and scary and moving all at the same time.

An amazingly well done series.  They certainly have a lot to live up to for Miracle Day.  I am not sure how they can top it.

Special thanks to Iceman for watching with me and not giving anything away even though I kept asking questions Smiley

I would love to be able to watch it all again as a newbie, especially the final two episodes. The scenes in parliament where they are deliberating about which of the kids to give away are truly chilling and Frobishers death really shocked me but was such a brilliant scene. I agree that Miracle Day has a lot to live up to
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: