The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 19, 2024, 07:04:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Celebrate 50 years of Doctor Who with us in our Top Ten Of Everything section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

William Hartnell: The Lost Stories - GALAXY FOUR

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William Hartnell: The Lost Stories - GALAXY FOUR  (Read 702 times)
Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« on: January 03, 2011, 04:46:21 pm »

Thank you and I'm glad you enjoyed Smiley I must confess I was really looking forward to reviewing this one because I enjoyed it so much when I first listened to it. So as I was typing the review I had it on in the background and I loved it just as much as when I first listened to it.

The premise is brilliant - and actually quite advanced for Sci-Fi of the time. The Doctor cannot save the world this time. The end is inevitable and it's just part of the circle of life. It is up to the Doctor and his companions to ensure that there is minimal loss of life between the two different parties. Like I said above, some of the Drahvins dialogue can get a little long winded and verbose at times and there is a lot of moments that would really have benefited from the visuals but that said, its a great little story and only lasts 90 mins or so.

I think the Chumblies have been mentioned a few times - I know RTD once famously said (very tongue in cheek) that he was going to bring back the Chumblies and the Nimon! So it wouldn't surprise me if they popped up on DVD extras.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: