The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 20, 2024, 01:59:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Celebrate 50 years of Doctor Who with us in our Top Ten Of Everything section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Classic Novels: LOGOPOLIS

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Classic Novels: LOGOPOLIS  (Read 421 times)
Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« on: January 06, 2011, 11:37:07 am »

I always find with Bidmead, that he had brilliant ideas and brilliant stories, but had trouble translating them well to whatever medium he was using. He also couldnt characterise at all and most of his characters came off very one dimensional. If you could look past all of that then you usually were left with a very satisfying plot.

I totally agree and I think that was the problem with the last season of Tom Bakers Doctor. Bidmead had a strong sense of a good story. He has some lovely, novel ideas but the problem is, he just can't make them dance in the way Eric Saward, Bob Holmes or (laterly) RTD and Moff can do. Logopolis encapsulates all of those issues. If Bidmead had submitted these stories when Andrew Cartmell or Eric Saward had been script editor, I think we'd have had an even better product. Nonetheless, I think this release is still a very interesting piece of Who history and shows a brave attempt to redirect the show Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: