The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 03:39:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Encounter at Torchwood

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Encounter at Torchwood  (Read 1401 times)
Gwen Cooper
Role Players
Easily Exterminated

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Level 3 Webmaster Second year Anniversary
« on: January 05, 2011, 09:04:38 pm »

*She stepped outside of her flat on the way to work; it often seemed to be raining there in Cardiff. Taking her car in the direction of the Hub, she parked it nearby.  The Rift running through the city gave them plenty to keep track of, from weevils and other creatures coming through, to disturbances in time and space.  One thing they could do is get up and keep going again even if they got a setback. Before going in to work, she stopped by the walkway near the Plass to lean on the railing.  She thought what she could do first was to track any residual Rift activity in the area.*

After all that's happened so far, I've found, not all of our work is centred in the building; a lot of it is spent out investigating and preventing trouble from happening. It has some things in common with the job I used to have with the police, though of course other things have changed a lot for me.
Report Spam   Logged
JohnHart
Role Players
Easily Exterminated

View Profile
Poll Voter Level 3 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 12:26:08 am »

Well look what we have here. Whats a pretty thing like you doing out here alone? Good old Jack finally let you out on your own, pretty thing? It's a good day for it, wouldnt you say?
Report Spam   Logged
Gwen Cooper
Role Players
Easily Exterminated

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 04:28:55 am »

*blushes* Yeah, well, it's not like he can keep me in there all the time. Just wanted to check up on things. Thanks for the compliment by the way... I do what I can.
Report Spam   Logged
JohnHart
Role Players
Easily Exterminated

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 08:11:12 pm »

No doubt he likes you out of the office so that him and Eye Candy get in some, what shall we call it? Special time! Time was when I was.... Let's keep that for another day.
Report Spam   Logged
Gwen Cooper
Role Players
Easily Exterminated

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 10:16:38 pm »

That's how it goes... er, they do like to have the Hub to themselves a lot, maybe that's why Jack tells me to go home sometimes.
Report Spam   Logged
JohnHart
Role Players
Easily Exterminated

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 06:54:28 pm »

I would say so! That's the thing about people like Ianto Jones. So easily corruptable. They just need a strong male figure to lead them astray. Maybe I should take him out sometime....?
Report Spam   Logged
Gwen Cooper
Role Players
Easily Exterminated

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 06:13:25 am »

You'd have to get past Jack first. I don't imagine he'd let Ianto go too easily, or any of us for that matter. But you must have been to so many other places before finding us here.
Report Spam   Logged
JohnHart
Role Players
Easily Exterminated

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 08:54:07 pm »

Well I spent an interesting evening with a Blowfish a few nights ago. He seemed to know a lot about you lot and was very happy to point me in the right direction. Kept saying something about you all putting an end to a little drugs ring he had going. You always make a point of pissing off the locals? I said I would have a word on his behalf. Now you be nice to the little fishy.
Report Spam   Logged
Gwen Cooper
Role Players
Easily Exterminated

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 01:44:48 am »

I don't trust those Blowfish, they're always causing trouble. Stealing cars, drugs, shooting at people... they give us as much to do as the weevils. Of course weevils aren't known to drive, but you get the idea. The police are in the habit of stopping crime among humans, while we get involved with the aliens. That's our job.
Report Spam   Logged
JohnHart
Role Players
Easily Exterminated

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2011, 05:56:36 pm »

And yet you seem to have completely missed the big bad that came through that rift of yours last night. Holed up in a warehouse downtown is what I hear, after scaring some little old ladies half to death in the small hours. Probably planning his next move while you stare out at the ocean and Jack is getting his freak on with the tea boy down in the Bat Cave. Good job I am on hand to help or you lot would have a lot more to deal with than a pissed off blowfish. You know, for a small fee I don't mind dealing with your little problem. It just so happens I have a quiet day ahead and could do with something to occupy my time. Or maybe I should go offer my services to the new guy in town and help him take you lot out. Now that would be fun!
Report Spam   Logged
Gwen Cooper
Role Players
Easily Exterminated

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 03:29:31 am »

This is probably when I let the rest of the team know what's going on here; it's obviously more than just I can handle by myself. *activates her comm* Jack, Ianto, Owen, Tosh? You might want to look into Rift activity for the past few days. I hear there's been quite a few visitors, in fact I'm with one now. *switches off, still watching John* Jack has dealt with a lot in his time, we all have. I doubt it will help us if you decide to take us down as well.
Report Spam   Logged
JohnHart
Role Players
Easily Exterminated

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 01:58:45 pm »

Well I'm not often in the business of helping, sweet thing. And I haven't heard you offering any reasons why I should. I don't suppose you work for free do you? My help don't come cheap!
Report Spam   Logged
Gwen Cooper
Role Players
Easily Exterminated

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 11:53:22 pm »

I don't really trust as easily as I used to, but I could use some help. If we had an experienced man like you on our side we'd have a better chance. I was just being a bit cautious since Jack might have a different view of it, and he signs the paychecks after all, so I don't want to get on his bad side.
Report Spam   Logged
JohnHart
Role Players
Easily Exterminated

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 09:17:47 pm »

Oh no! We wouldnt want that would we!!! Not the bad side of good old Jack. Maybe I should leave you to it. Watching you all running around in circles wondering what the hell to do will be fun enough on its own.
Report Spam   Logged
Gwen Cooper
Role Players
Easily Exterminated

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2011, 06:13:45 am »

*shrugs* Suit yourself, but personally, I wouldn't want to get lonely. Sometimes we can get too safe, and I've always wanted to look closer at these situations, no matter what. Jack likes to keep me guessing but he'll probably be a step ahead of me already.
Report Spam   Logged
Clive The Blowfish
Role Players
Hatchling

View Profile
Multiple Badge Holder Level 2 Level 1
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 12:49:54 pm »

This girl bothering you John? I been watching from across the way and noticed she has a gun in he back pocket! Why don't you hand it over lady and move along!?
Report Spam   Logged
Gwen Cooper
Role Players
Easily Exterminated

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 12:26:52 am »

This girl bothering you John? I been watching from across the way and noticed she has a gun in he back pocket! Why don't you hand it over lady and move along!?

Hey, I'm not bothering anyone. This is where I'm supposed to be and I'm going to need this gun to defend myself... it’s actually not just for show. So, what brings you here besides what I’ve heard so far? I see the scenery isn’t the only thing you’re interested in, but at the moment you’ve just got me to deal with. What’s it going to be, then? Because I’m not going to stand down that easily.
Report Spam   Logged
JohnHart
Role Players
Easily Exterminated

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2011, 12:40:29 pm »

I wouldnt worry about the gun! She probably doesn't even know how to use it. I could have your neck broken before you even reach for the safety. Go ahead, call up the rest of the muppet gang. Let's party.

Clive, you still got grenade? I feel like making a mess of this pretty little bay
Report Spam   Logged
Gwen Cooper
Role Players
Easily Exterminated

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2011, 06:12:14 am »

I wouldnt worry about the gun! She probably doesn't even know how to use it. I could have your neck broken before you even reach for the safety. Go ahead, call up the rest of the muppet gang. Let's party.

Clive, you still got grenade? I feel like making a mess of this pretty little bay

Right... I don't think so. I do know how to use this gun but I'd rather not, you know. Also I'd rather keep my neck and the bay the way they are... *shakes her head* I don't get it, wanting to destroy things... I know it's what you do but I don't want to do that sort of thing much. I venture to suggest that I might be more use to you intact, if you give me a chance, John. *sighs, leaning back to the rail* I want to have a chance with you.
Report Spam   Logged
JohnHart
Role Players
Easily Exterminated

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2011, 06:56:23 pm »

People rarely get chances with me hotlips. Although......, give Jack the brushoff and come work for me and you might just get one. Think about it. Me and you. We could make quite the team. I only make these sorts of offers once so think on it!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: