The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 16, 2024, 03:40:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Head over to 76 Totters Lane and check out all the latest merchandise

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

What aliens/villains would you like to see in season 6?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What aliens/villains would you like to see in season 6?  (Read 2047 times)
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2010, 08:51:18 pm »

That word is going on the ban list!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

GreenLemons
Tin Dog

View Profile WWW
Poll Voter Level 4 Webmaster
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2010, 08:59:34 pm »

Heey! You can't do that! You love it when I call you Moob! Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Beans are evil. Bad, bad beans.
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2010, 09:11:08 pm »

Ill work it so that everytime the word moob is posted, it is replaced by 'sexgod' Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

GreenLemons
Tin Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2010, 09:16:04 pm »

Sexgod? Oh dear. I don't know whose reflection you've been looking at, but it's certainly not yours! Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2010, 09:17:00 pm »

You'll be on that banned list next, sunshine Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

GreenLemons
Tin Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2010, 09:18:18 pm »

Nuh-uhhh! You couldn't do that to meee! Wink
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2010, 06:20:18 pm »

Bringing this one back to life and back on topic because yesterday I rewatched The Claws of Axos and I have decided that with a bit of an update and a good story, I would like to see the Axons return. Not the most popular of villians I know, but I still think there is fun to be had with them
Report Spam   Logged

Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2010, 11:00:53 pm »

I loved the Axons and the Claws of Axos - interestingly enough, it was the one episode where I actually thought the Master got in the way a bit. It was such a good concept that it didn't need him. I loved the sinister, toneless voice of the Axon and, of course, the magnificent Mr Chinn (where is his spin off Rusty?) Would very much welcome a revisit by the Axons. Perhaps even a trip to an axon-affected planet to see how bad it can get? (As long as we get off earth that is my no. 1 wish for season 6. And Terry Dicks).
Report Spam   Logged

Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2010, 11:17:28 pm »

Claws of Axos is brilliant. A return of the Axons would be very welcome!
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2010, 11:37:13 pm »

I have, several times asked, ney demanded, a gaseous, disembodied alien and this has got me thinking. What about a return of The Great Intelligence? I'm not thinking of the Yetis (welcome though they would be) I'm thinking of the actual great intelligence. A good story about possession would go down well methinks.
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2010, 11:40:13 pm »

I like your thinking, but I dont think I could handle a return of TGI without the Yeti too. It sounds good in principle, but I know I would be gutted at the end when I hadnt see them. Though I suppose one is better than none. Shame the rumours of TGI and Yeti at xmas are probably going to come to nothing
Report Spam   Logged

Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2010, 11:15:37 am »

I want to see the Silurians back. I really liked them in S5 though I know lots of people who have seen them in the classic series were less than impressed. I havent though, and I loved their two parter
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2010, 01:22:16 pm »

I want to see the Silurians back. I really liked them in S5 though I know lots of people who have seen them in the classic series were less than impressed. I havent though, and I loved their two parter

Definitely a good idea Smiley In fact, I actually have a story outline for the return of the Silurians;

"The Doctor, Amy and Rory appear on an alien world where the humans are hunted for their tasty, tasty meat, their useful hides and their eyeballs which can make medicine. Turns out it is a planet that has been colonised by Silurians from millions of years ago and the hunted humans are planning to take back the planet..."

I think this is the only way that Silurians can return as the story has been essentially the same every time they appear - 'We have awoken from our sleep and we want our planet back'. My idea is essentially stolen from Planet of the Apes.

If Steven Moffat wants further information he can commission me at www.adricscripts.com or send me a letter to 2 Alzarias Place, Water House Road, Full Circle, E-Space
Report Spam   Logged

Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2010, 01:25:05 pm »

I havent seen Planet of the Apes so I would have thought that was an original idea Grin

Sounds good though. I think we should stal it anyway. Id be happy with it Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Doctor Benway
Hatchling

View Profile
Topic Starter Level 1 First Post
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2010, 06:02:12 pm »

I'd like to see proof that the dreamlord was the start of the valeyard
Report Spam   Logged
Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2010, 07:06:20 pm »

Is there proof out there? I thought that was just fan speculation
Report Spam   Logged

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 10
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2010, 01:11:38 pm »

I think for the most part I'd like to see all new villains/aliens.Fans seem to have such preconceived ideas of how the old ones should look/be updated that they are more often than not disappointed with the end result.

The show has so much more scope to work with now...CGI just one example..that it seems a shame not make the most of what is available to them.

Personally I have no problem with them resurrecting old adversaries...I would love to see the Ice Warriers back... but I can hear the whinging/whining from here. It gets tiresome and in all honestly doesn't do the show's credability/reputation much good either.
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2010, 06:50:31 pm »

I'd want to see mostly new aliens, with just a sprinkling of old favourites.  The Ice Warriors definitely.  I'd love to see The Great Intelligence/Yeti, but I know they had problems back in the 60s/early 70s because the original authors wouldn't let them be used again.  They got away with it in The Five Doctors, though, so it might be OK.

Delving into obscurity, I'd quite like a return of the Celestial Toymaker.  The original story had a great concept and crap execution, and it would be great to see it handled properly.  I believe it was planned for one of the cancelled series in the 80s, but that was never followed up.
Report Spam   Logged

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 10
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2010, 12:33:44 pm »

I'd want to see mostly new aliens, with just a sprinkling of old favourites.  The Ice Warriors definitely.  I'd love to see The Great Intelligence/Yeti, but I know they had problems back in the 60s/early 70s because the original authors wouldn't let them be used again.  They got away with it in The Five Doctors, though, so it might be OK.

Delving into obscurity, I'd quite like a return of the Celestial Toymaker.  The original story had a great concept and crap execution, and it would be great to see it handled properly.  I believe it was planned for one of the cancelled series in the 80s, but that was never followed up.

I know the Ice Warriers/Celestial Toymaker/Yeti and a few others have been mentioned for a reprisal at one time or another over the past 2-3 years so it's not beyond the realms of possibility for them to appear.
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2010, 07:28:45 pm »

The Ice Warriors making a comeback would make me all kinds of happy! I would imagine they will at some point, though I doubt it will be in series 6
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: