The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 18, 2024, 07:12:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

How Will You Be Watching The Xmas Ep?

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Will You Be Watching The Xmas Ep?  (Read 1082 times)
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2010, 08:42:23 pm »

You two are obsessed with food lol Tongue

Figgy pudding is just an old fashioned term for Christmas Pudding. Im not super knowledgeable, I googled it Tongue

And its disgusting so I would be doubly annoyed if DW was interupted for someone bringing me that Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2010, 09:40:29 pm »

In all honesty I am a little frightened of Xmas Pudding. I don't trust the way it moves.

In other news, I see they have announced the name of the special as being 'A Christmas Carol'. Although Charles Dickens has already done this (and the Muppets have done the definitive version), I would really like to see a Doctor Who version. Davros as the Ghost of Xmas future gets my vote right now!
Report Spam   Logged

Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2010, 01:14:17 pm »

Chris you should have been in the army, running a tight ship like that Tongue

So what about guests bearing gifts? Box of After Eights maybe? Or a pack of 24 assorted Monster Munch? Figgy Pudding? Where do these people stand? Surely it's a torn commitment Tongue

What is figgy pudding? Lol

A reasonable question Peri, however, I'm afraid the rules are pretty rigid. If people want to leave gifts then they are free to leave them beside my little bushes at the front door and I will collect them after Confidential has finished. The doorbell will have a small electric charge running through it so as to deter the more persistent visitor.

I do not want anybody, repeat anybody bringing Figgy Pudding.

I do not know what Figgy Pudding is.

Haha brilliant! I shall have to try and employ some of your tactics
Report Spam   Logged
hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies
Favourite Doctor: 11 & 5
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond & Nyssa

"Fish fingers and custard..."

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary 10000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2010, 06:32:05 pm »

I'll be watching in the room with the volume turned up uber loud to drown out the sound of my very very very annoying cousins who keep on asking "where's Rose?" (incase you hadn't guessed they haven't watched like any episodes since S2!) GAH they annoy me! as long as they're quiet it's all good!
Report Spam   Logged

"All of time and space; everything that ever happened or ever will…Where do you want to start?"
chrissymarieb
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: Rory Williams and Donna Noble

View Profile
Search Apple User Poll Voter
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2010, 01:41:36 am »

In all honesty I am a little frightened of Xmas Pudding. I don't trust the way it moves.

In other news, I see they have announced the name of the special as being 'A Christmas Carol'. Although Charles Dickens has already done this (and the Muppets have done the definitive version), I would really like to see a Doctor Who version. Davros as the Ghost of Xmas future gets my vote right now!

Very much so looking forward to The Doctor's Christmas Carol, but I have to agree that the Muppets version is awesome Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"It's smaller on the outside"
DAK
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Eleven!
Favourite Companion: River!

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2010, 05:36:02 am »

I can't find anything about when the Christmas episode will be playing in the US so I probably will watch it sometime in January, or whenever BBC America gets around to airing it!  And if I can't wait that long, I will watch it online.

Apparently it will be airing at 9 PM on Christmas Day!!  Hurrah!!!   Cheesy

However, I shall be grabbing it off of bittorrent.  I cannot stand commercials in my Who episodes. 

Report Spam   Logged
chrissymarieb
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: Rory Williams and Donna Noble

View Profile
Search Apple User Poll Voter
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2010, 02:10:43 am »

I can't find anything about when the Christmas episode will be playing in the US so I probably will watch it sometime in January, or whenever BBC America gets around to airing it!  And if I can't wait that long, I will watch it online.

Apparently it will be airing at 9 PM on Christmas Day!!  Hurrah!!!   Cheesy

However, I shall be grabbing it off of bittorrent.  I cannot stand commercials in my Who episodes. 

Yes - the commercials will suck and the episode itself will likely be butchered, but I am still looking forward to the experience of watching it on tv on Christmas day Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"It's smaller on the outside"
TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2010, 06:14:48 pm »

I found out today that I will be having the house to myself for most of the evening which means no distractions, the best seat and the 52" all to myself. Assuming that nobody comes home in the middle of the episode then this should be the most peaceful Xmas episode I have been able to watch
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2010, 03:23:39 pm »

I found out today that I will be having the house to myself for most of the evening which means no distractions, the best seat and the 52" all to myself. Assuming that nobody comes home in the middle of the episode then this should be the most peaceful Xmas episode I have been able to watch

Lucky you. Im still trying to get out of a visit from my brother. Its getting trickier to escape his brood. I may have to fake my own death just to watch this years special Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2010, 11:48:29 am »

Well, I have heard of people doing stranger things in order to get their Who fix Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: