The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 20, 2024, 11:15:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Celebrate 50 years of Doctor Who with us in our Top Ten Of Everything section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Costumes

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Costumes  (Read 254 times)
RedHairedGrrlGeek
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: River Song

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Topic Starter Level 1 10 Posts
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2011, 04:11:00 pm »

My husband's been putting together an Eleven costume.  He got a tweed jacket, black jeans and boots off Ebay (total cost, just over fifty quid) and a shirt in TKMaxx.  Just needs a bow tie (and to do something with his hair, but that's another story).   He was lucky enough to find someone selling the exact same style of jeans as the ones Matt wears; everything else was, well, close enough.  (Apparently someone in New Zealand makes replica Eleven boots for NZ$450. Shocked)

I'm mulling over what to do myself to go with this.  I could do most of Amy's clothes and I have the hair (but not the legs! Roll Eyes).  I'd love to do Idris - I thought I could maybe pick up an old wedding dress in a charity shop and tweak it, but there aren't many wedding dresses around now in that kind of style.  And then there's River - I like her getup from the Pandorica episodes, but getting hold of anything like that jacket appears to be tricky.  (Also, I'd have to wear a wig for that one, but no big deal.)
Report Spam   Logged
RedHairedGrrlGeek
Hatchling

Favourite Companion: River Song

View Profile
Topic Starter Level 1 10 Posts
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2011, 09:31:19 pm »

Update: definitely going to try and cosplay NorCon (Norwich, in September).  Got something 'close enough' to River's Pandorica jacket, and pants (have to sew the stripes down the sides).  Need boots, belt, holster and gun....oh, yeah, and that wig... Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2011, 03:19:11 pm »

You'll have to post us some piccies Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: