The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 01:28:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Celebrate 50 years of Doctor Who with us in our Top Ten Of Everything section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Dislike for Russell T Davies

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dislike for Russell T Davies  (Read 716 times)
Amuro
Easily Exterminated
Favourite Doctor: 11th
Favourite Companion: Romana

Space Gandalf

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 2
« on: January 13, 2011, 09:06:55 am »

Hey DAK!

I liked Tennant's doctor for a long time, mainly due to his energy and enthusiasm. I felt, though, that by the end it was made out that this energy was just a cover for the pain inside and that it was totally forced. I'm not sure if this was due to acting or writing, or it was actually intentional in RTDs plans, but it made it seem like the good elements of the character weren't natural. I really hated how he made the hurt suffered by his companions his own and was really self centered by the end. The one plus of this was that it made Waters of Mars a very interesting episode as it dealt with this.

With 11, I feel like the energy and enthusiasm is completely authentic. Is it just me who imagines Matt's Doctor would be EXCITED by regeneration rather than dreading it? It was a bit drawn out how Tennant lingered while regenerating, 'not wanting to leave' and going back over his experiences. When 11 is threatened with being wiped out of existence, he tries to save himself but then resigns to his fate as he 'hates re-runs'. I really loved this contrast in character. To me, 11s version captures the character of the Doctor much more accurately (as did Eccleston).
Report Spam   Logged

"After a while, everything is just stuff! That's the problem, you make the whole of space and time your backyard, and what do you have? A backyard. But you, you can see it. And when you see it, I see it."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: