The Doctor In The TARDIS
September 19, 2020, 07:20:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out all the spoilers from Series 7 in our dedicated spoiler section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Dislike for Russell T Davies

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dislike for Russell T Davies  (Read 488 times)
Amuro
Easily Exterminated
Favourite Doctor: 11th
Favourite Companion: Romana

Space Gandalf

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: January 14, 2011, 09:14:32 am »

Yeah, it also took me a while to get into Nu Who. A lot of people lay a lot of acclaim on Rose (the episode), but when I first saw the show was coming back I saw the burping wheelie bin and plastic Mickey and despaired that they had done that to the show. Then I tuned in to Aliens in London and couldn't believe they had made it so bad with farting aliens (looking back, that two parter seemed more like a trial run for Sarah Jane Adventures). I heard there was going to be a regeneration and Daleks in the finale so tuned in, only to switch off when there was robot Anne Robinson and Trinney and Sussanah (I had to google those people as I couldn't remember them...but earth in thousands of years still will?!). I fully blame Russell for making it so hard for me to get back into the series, and for making the show a laughing matter amongst most of my friends (as if I hadn't had enough stick for liking classic Who thanks to clips only ever referencing dodgy sea devils and bubblewrap villains!)

Ironically, it was only after seeing Empty Child/Doctor Dances and Girl in the Fireplace that really made me want to seriously get back into it. Still, series 5 was the first time where I really felt I loved the current Dr Who again.
Report Spam   Logged

"After a while, everything is just stuff! That's the problem, you make the whole of space and time your backyard, and what do you have? A backyard. But you, you can see it. And when you see it, I see it."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: