The Doctor In The TARDIS
October 24, 2020, 04:14:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out all the spoilers from Series 7 in our dedicated spoiler section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Women in Doctor Who

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Women in Doctor Who  (Read 285 times)
Sandiwich11
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: The Brig

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
« on: January 12, 2011, 03:01:36 pm »

I have never had a problem with sexism in the reboot, the classic series treated woman far worse imo as they were often just a bit of eye candy for the (mostly) male viewers.  The comments in the io9 piece come from about 7+ years ago; he was drunk and angry about certain people/issues, and has since apologised profusely for them.  I remember there was a long topic about it on Gallifrey One (the old GB) in which he retracted all of it, unfortunately the site no longer exists or I would link Sad

In fact I think he said far worse in the 90's (which again he has retracted).  He has been a fan of the show all his life, it's like a fan on this forum saying something negative being brought up in 10 years time if they are ever lucky enough to work for the show.  He has said a lot more positive things before the reboot, during RTD's tenure and even now, but for some reason the same interviews are raised when people want to discredit him Sad

I'm not saying that they are a saints by any means, but at the same I think everyone is allowed their opinion as a fan of the show, no view is right or wrong at the end of the day Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: