The Doctor In The TARDIS
October 24, 2020, 07:51:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Head over to 76 Totters Lane and check out all the latest merchandise

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Women in Doctor Who

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Women in Doctor Who  (Read 285 times)
TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2011, 03:20:03 pm »

I have pretty good reasons for feeling the way I do as a whole, and I'm not liking where this thread is heading in terms of its overall tone. We're going to have to remember that not every fan feels the same way about characters and writers, and that isn't a reflection on them, it's merely a different in opinion and perspective.

I just want to add to this, and I am by no means picking a fight with you or anyone, and I am choosing my words VERY carefully to make sure that I am not misunderstood, but I don't understand what you mean when you say you don't like 'where this thread is heading in terms of its overall tone'. I've just been reading back through it from the start, and the whole thread seems pretty even in tone. Some people are in the 'for' column and some are in the 'against' column, but nobody seems to be making it personal, which is a good thing, and aside from the differing opinions the thread has stayed largely on track. Not everyone agrees on the opinions, but nobody has made it unpleasant to read or uncomfortable for other members, regardless of what opinions they are posting. This thread has stayed mainly as a very adult conversation/debate on all sides.

In any event, I don't think that I can be a coolheaded moderator and continue in this discussion, so other mods, feel free to pitch in. I'm already biting my tongue clean off, to be honest.

This however, I don't understand at all. All of the opinions you have put across have been valid and well thought out. Nothing in them to provoke anyone but clearly stating your stance on the matter. Much as others, both from those who agree with you and disagree with you, have done exactly the same. So what I don't understand is where this post comes from. It is the only post in the whole thread which i would say has changed the tone and feel of it. But I don't understand the reasons why. I'm pretty sure that you don't have a problem with people having a different opinion to you or stating it, so I can't understand why you can't remain 'coolheaded' or why you are 'biting your tongue clean off' because there is nothing in here to provoke you.

Im not picking on you with this or attacking you in any way. I want that to be clear. And I do not want a hotheated reply for questioning you about it, it's just a genuine question about a post that stumped me and unless I ask you about it, I won't understand your reasoning behind it.
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: