The Doctor In The TARDIS
February 06, 2023, 02:31:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in for the NuWho Episode Tournament in The Greatest Show In The Galaxy
 
  Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

A welcoming and inclusive forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A welcoming and inclusive forum  (Read 236 times)
Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
*****
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant
Posts: 3174


He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad


View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: September 05, 2010, 05:17:27 pm »

Since discovering that these forums existed (around about Dalek in Season 1 of New-Who) I have never really wanted to post on them. I found people tended to be extreme in their opinion, disdainful of the thoughts of others and looking to be 'points scoring' as to how they were better, more pure fans than you were. Then a group of us started regularly talking on Twitter and through that we found our way here....

The forum is populated by dedicated and knowledgeable fans whose first thoughts are generally 'Look, this is only my opinion...' Some of the finest people on here disagree absolutely with my views but never has this been in an unpleasant or even challenging way. If I could sum up the ethos of the forum and how I want to contribute to the forum it would be this;

          We probably agree on 95% of the stuff - why let the other 5% spill over into nastiness

So what the forum isn't: it isn't a place where you have to constantly be on your guard and a mis-spelling will see you ridiculed by people who should know better.

What the forum is: somewhere fun and relaxed where we can share our love for this strange and idiosyncratic TV show. We can share how it has changed our lives and has been there through difficult times. It's a place where some one who is discovering the show for the first time can come and discuss their ideas and thoughts and maybe discover a little about the glorious history of Dr Who. Its a place that is fun to come to.

The moderators are tolerant and fun-focused and the topics reflect a real divergent range of interests. A special mention should go to 'The Doc', the lead administrator on the forum for all the hard work he does. All in all this is the friendliest Who forum around Smiley

Report Spam   Logged



Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Administrator | Global Moderator | RP Moderator | Role Player
| Member Of The Month
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum

Powered by SMF | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
Privacy Policy