The Doctor In The TARDIS
February 03, 2023, 11:00:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join The Infinite Quest - This Week's Story: Black Orchid

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Audio News

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio News  (Read 1535 times)
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2010, 07:56:46 pm »

Have to say I agree with that. I've watched the Proms loads to get my fix. Can't wait to get the CD for Christmas (or my birthday).
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2010, 08:47:15 pm »

Yea Murray Gold was on form this past year. The music from series 5 was probably the best yet, yet MG gets an awful lot of stick on other forums
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2010, 08:45:51 am »

You're right. I really don't understand the issue that many people have with Murray Gold. I think his music has always been fantastic and complimented the episodes brilliantly
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2010, 01:36:08 am »

Do people not like the guy who does the music then? I think its always nice and fits the stories well
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2010, 09:20:59 pm »

Do people not like the guy who does the music then? I think its always nice and fits the stories well

Me too, but a lot of people think he is past his peak and should step down. People complain that they dont like the music in general and other say they like it just that it doesnt fit the episodes or whatever.

A lot of people also moan about how loud the score is in the episodes too, but that has nothing to do with the actual orchestration and isnt something that has ever bothered me. Ive watched all the same episodes as everyone else with no problems but a fair few say they can never hear the dialogue. They probably just need better TV's though
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2010, 04:18:47 pm »

Big Finish are offering a free download of Doctor Who: Short Trips - Rise And Fall and everyone should take advantage of it and have a listen.

As a special thank you to all our listeners, and in the spirit of the festive season, we're offering the first Short Trips story (from Doctor Who: Short Trips Volume I - out now) as a free podcast download.

The story, entitled Rise and Fall, is written by George Mann, read by William Russell and features the first incarnation of the Doctor. Doctor Who: Short Trips Volume I features seven other stories, featuring Doctors 2 to 8, read by David Troughton, Katy Manning, Louise Jameson, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sophie Aldred and India Fisher. The second volume, featuring another eight stories, will be available in February 2011.

'Naturally we hope this might whet the appetite of those who haven't yet ordered the first volume of Short Trips,' confesses executive producer Nick Briggs. 'But in any case, I just wanted us to share this rather special story with all our listeners at what is, for many people, a very special time of year. Writer George Mann has really captured the essence of Doctor Who in a truly engaging, moving tale. I'd particularly like to pay tribute to William Russell's brilliant reading and Martin Montague's lovely sound design.'

Click To Listen
Report Spam   Logged
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2011, 07:55:07 pm »

In an effort to keep The Sound Of Drums as clutter free and user friendly as possible, this thread has been merged together from existing 'audio news' topics to make sure that all news relating to the audios is kept in one easy to check place. New releases and audio reviews will still all be given their seperate threads and individual comment space, but any updates regarding cast changes, chart positions and the like will be posted in this section from today. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2011, 09:40:58 pm »

All change in here now isnt it! a new section, a news page. Looking good Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2011, 10:07:01 pm »

Yea, Chris has worked his socks off in here today moving things around and getting it sorted. I had the easy job of renaming a few threads. I think he has probably fallen down on the sofa with curry and a beer now Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2011, 05:31:39 pm »

Big Finish have uploaded a trailer for an upcoming Seventh Doctor audio, Industrial Evolution Smiley

http://www.bigfinish.com/145-Doctor-Who-Industrial-Evolution
Report Spam   Logged

Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2011, 07:21:59 pm »

Yea, Chris has worked his socks off in here today moving things around and getting it sorted. I had the easy job of renaming a few threads. I think he has probably fallen down on the sofa with curry and a beer now Tongue

That is spookily accurate Smiley Just to say that the Edge of Destruction Classic Novel Audiobook has been released (and delivered by Amazon lol). I am currently popping it in my iTunes and a review will be coming soon. I will say, it was a brilliant story and I read the novel about 203 years ago and remembered loving it - so my hopes are high Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Iceman
Global Moderator
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: The Doctor
Favourite Companion: Captain Jack Harkness

Hey, it's me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2011, 07:28:58 pm »

Is there any news on if/when we'll get 9/10 audios? Is it too soon?
Report Spam   Logged

Twitter: http://twitter.com/Iceman525

What a bunch of a-holes.
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2011, 07:37:54 pm »

With the exception of the audio novels, I would imagine it will be at least another 3 to 5 years before the BBC sign off on any full cast audios. And thats if they ever licence them out at all!
Report Spam   Logged

Iceman
Global Moderator
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: The Doctor
Favourite Companion: Captain Jack Harkness

Hey, it's me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2011, 07:42:01 pm »

Ok thanks. I doubt Eccelston will come back to do any, but at least we can get a few 10 ones in the next few years.
Report Spam   Logged

Twitter: http://twitter.com/Iceman525

What a bunch of a-holes.
Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2011, 09:03:15 pm »

That is spookily accurate Smiley Just to say that the Edge of Destruction Classic Novel Audiobook has been released (and delivered by Amazon lol). I am currently popping it in my iTunes and a review will be coming soon. I will say, it was a brilliant story and I read the novel about 203 years ago and remembered loving it - so my hopes are high Smiley

Great story. I look forward to your review Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2011, 10:26:05 pm »

Chris should be kept busy over the next few weeks Smiley

The War Games

Released 3rd February 2011

David Troughton reads this thrilling novelisation of a classic Doctor Who adventure.

Mud, barbed wire, the smell of death...The year is 1917 and the TARDIS has materialised on the Western Front during the First World War. Or has it? For very soon the Doctor finds himself pursued by the soldiers of Ancient Rome; and, then he and his companions are reliving the American Civil War of 1863. And is this really Earth, or just a mock-up created by the War Lords? As Doctor Who solves the mystery, he has to admit he is faced with an evil of such magnitude that he cannot combat it on his own - he has to call for the help of his own people, the Time Lords. So, for the first time, it is revealed who is Doctor Who - a maverick Time Lord who 'borrowed' the TARDIS without permission. By appealing to the Time Lords he gives away his position in Time and Space. Thus comes about the Trial of Doctor Who...

David Troughton reads Malcolm Hulke's complete and unabridged novelisation, first published by Target Books in 1979

The Ribos Operation

Released 3rd March 2011

John Leeson reads this thrilling novelisation of a classic Doctor Who adventure.

Reluctantly cancelling his well-earned holiday, the Doctor sets off in the Tardis to trace and re-assemble the six segments of the Key to Time on which the stability of the entire Universe depends. Assisted by the argumentative Romanadvoratrelundar and K9, he lands on the planet Ribos in search of the first segment and finds himself entangled in the machinations of two sinister strangers, Garron and the Graff Vynda Ka. Who are they? Is Garron simply a shady confidence-trickster dealing in interplanetary real estate? Is the Graff Vynda Ka just a power-crazed exile bent on revenge? Or are they both really agents of the Black Guardian, intent upon seizing the precious Key in order to throw the Universe into eternal chaos? Risking his life within the monster-infested catacombs of Ribos, the Doctor has to use all his wit and ingenuity to find out...

This is an exciting unabridged reading, with music and sound effects, and this novelisation of a classic Doctor Who adventure, first published by Target Books in 1979.

Inferno

Released 7th April 2011

Caroline John reads this thrilling novelisation of a classic Doctor Who adventure.

In this exciting reading, first published by Target Books in 1984, the Doctor is trapped in a parallel world, unable to act as the Earth is threatened by a poisonous liquid leaking from top-secret drilling project Inferno.

Also, this year sees Doctor Who and The Stones of Blood being released as a brand new version written by its original television script writer, David Fisher as apposed to the actual novel which was written by Terrance Dicks. The novelisation is read by Susan Engel, who played Vivien Fay in the story, and also features John Leeson who provides the voice of K9
Report Spam   Logged

Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2011, 03:34:36 pm »

Tom Baker has anounced that he will be working on two projects for Big Finish Productions, so it is likely that we will see some new Fourth Doctor audios sometime soon
Report Spam   Logged

Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2011, 04:59:37 pm »

Jago & Litefoot series 3 has been announced for release in June
Report Spam   Logged

Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2011, 05:48:53 pm »

Doctor Who and the War Games and The Lost TV Episodes Collection 2 were both released today Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2011, 09:14:02 pm »

Doctor Who and the War Games and The Lost TV Episodes Collection 2 were both released today Smiley

I've got them both - expect a review coming to a Space Museum near you (i've even stocked up on Prawn Crackers especially to celebrate Chinese New Year and the coming of the War Games)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: